Namecheap.com - Cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfers - Free SSL Certificates - Web Hosting

Thursday 27 September 2018

Our "Secukup Rasa" "Agak-agak" "Campak-Campak"

Last weekend, my mum cooked Nasi Daging following my dad's request for one. It was good - nothing short of perfection (Mama, nak duit raya).

What really was interesting was how us as Malaysians have this secukup rasa kind of measurement. So, there I was trynna be some help to my mum (just a bit) and she asked me to make this air asam. So I googled the recipe, and guess what I found?

How many each? Campak-campak je
Yes, these were the exact ingredient the site listed out. No unit of measurement whatsoever. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to attack this site. I just think this goes to show why Malaysian dishes can be very unique.

I for one, can never replicate my mum's dishes. Why? Coz we play agak-agak, campak-campak in our cooking. Hence why my cute little brother likes to complain about my cooking. "It's good, but it's not as good as mum's". That ungrateful brat.

Did you know that Gordon Ramsay himself was taught this while learning how to cook Rendang? Right here in Malaysia! Watch down below:


Oh, before I go. Here's one piece of advice, if you want someone else to cook for you - make sure he/she is in a good mood. Otherwise, you'll taste the horror in their cooking (in exceptions to mums' of course).

Cheers,
Nabihah

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails